I just pushed the button and released Nymphicus for Windows 2.0. Due to Twitter forcing all of us to move to the API 1.1 this release needed to be pushed out by now.
I have to say I never would have called this a final version if the pressure wouldn’t be so hard…
So what’s new compared to 1.4.x:
- App.net support
- Facebook integration fixed
- Twitter API 1.1 support
- New design
- Many bugfixes
- Performance tweaks
The downside is due to the hurry in the end some things are not completed by now and will be added / fixed on next 2.x releases:
- Twitter streaming is disabled (polling used for now)
- TweetMarker is disabled (I am aware this is a blocker and will reenable it as soon as possible)
- Image upload is broken
Also on the downside are the limitations out of the Twitter API 1.1 Display Requirements – most important:
- No more mixed Views with Twitter and other services (only Twitter and only anything else but Twitter now)
- The “Send to”-menu is gone from tweets
See the complete changelog for all the many, many details.
And now I do pray everything works for you…
Please report problems to @lighun either on App.net or Twitter.
!!! Note: if Nymphicus crashes on first start after upgrade please reset all your settings as described in the FAQ !!!